Tuesday, 30 December 2014

Guitar and Mandolin Lessons



Welcome to my guitar/mandolin blog. This is the best place for you to start if you are a beginner or, if you are experienced and wish to move up a level.

Over the years, I have studied under some of the best teachers in the world, both in classical and folk style. From this, I have developed course for teaching that are both easy and enjoyable- and, they work!

If you are a beginner, we will start with basic chords, strumming and the techniques that will allow you to play your fav songs in no time.

Although it is not necessary for playing an instrument, for those that have an interest in understanding music theory, I offer that as well.

I offer lessons in the Peterborough area in my studio ($30/hr.) or in your home ($35/hr.) for beginners, intermediate and advanced adults and seniors.

This is my youtube guitarist of the week- Canadian Andy McKee:
www.yuotube.com/watch?v=JsD6uEZsIsU
I enjoy his melodic style of acoustic instrumental- my area of study presently.

REVIEWS:

"I have been studying under Ron for a couple of years now. I started as a beginner without even a guitar! He guided me though the selection of an instrument, gave me weekly assignments and within 6 months I was playing chord progressions and finger picking! Ron is very patient and knowledgeable. " Marlaine D.

"A friend of mine introduced me to Ron a year ago. I came to him as an intermediate with an interest in learning how to finger pick and read music. It has greatly increased my enjoyment and my desire to practice. I feel now that like this will be my hobby for life." Brian M.

"I am a senior and have always dreamed of playing the guitar. I had tried years ago with a large guitar with metal strings and became discouraged early due to the discomfort. I met Ron in my senior's residence and, with his guidance, went to a smaller instrument with nylon strings. Now I look forward to playing my country favourites every day." Bob R.


No comments:

Post a Comment